Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ascension Day

Today is Ascension Day (Hemelvaartsdag), which is an official holiday in Switzerland. The scientist I am, this didn't stop me from going to the lab for a few hours. Nor did it stop my fellow scientist / lab members. I usually like working on holidays and in weekends, because these are quiet days and I get a lot of things done.
Only problem today: all canteens, restaurants and other vending places were closed. Not unexpectedly, this resulted in a lab full of hungry grumpy scientists. That left us with only one option: have lunch on the terrace of Le Skipper.

Hurrah for 28 degrees celcius and French gastronomic influence!

1 comment:

  1. French gastronomic influence: sprak hij terwijl er een pizza op zijn bord ligt! Ik zie geen zoute romige sauzen, of was het een pizza met foie gras? Ik zie ook geen groente... dat is wel de invloed van de French gastronomy. Die fles komt me ook bekend voor!
    Lekker hoor. En ook gezellig?!

    ReplyDelete