Sunday, July 19, 2009

Montreux Jazz

If you're a snob, you like jazz-music. If you like jazz-music, Montreux Jazz is the yearly pelgrimage to make. Last few weeks the festival has been going on. Yesterday I teamed up with my former french-classmates, and went for a visit. The headliner for the night was Prince. Tickets were only 480 francs (around 300 euro or $450), so we skipped. Luckily, for the not-so-rich-and-famous, there's also a free program, which even more luckily consists of mainly non-jazz artists.So, that gave me the opportunity to see my first very enjoyable Swiss band, The Rambling Wheels (I'd say: Franz Ferdinand). Unfortunately, this weekend was the last for this year. Next year I'll be taking the train a bit more often.

1 comment:

  1. did you also see Lavalu? It's the band of a good friend of mine and they played at Montreux.

    Greet'noel

    ReplyDelete